1. If you are developmentally disabled, and interested in a residential home (group/waiver), home-based programming or day services (sheltered employment), you must first be signed up with the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS) and be placed onto the Medicaid Waiver Waiting Lists. You may wish to contact the JRDS Social Services Coordinator at (765) 584-2689 ext. 1422 or (260) 726-7931. He will schedule a time to meet with you and offer assistance in preparing required forms that will be sent to the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS) district office. Since BDDS determines whether or not you are eligible for services, you may also be asked to present other types of information about yourself that will help with this process.
* If you wish to contact BDDS directly and complete this process on your own, you may call 1 (877) 218-3531.
2. At some point in time, you will also need to apply and be approved for "Medicaid Disability". (There are currently more than 30 kinds of Medicaid, and Disability is the only type that will cover the costs of the services you are seeking) Even if you already receive Medicaid, through "Hoosier Healthwise" or another such program, you must still re-apply and be approved for Medicaid Disability.
You may apply in a variety of ways:
Visit your local county Division of Family Resources (DFR)
3. If you are aged and/or disabled, and interested in services designed to help you live as independently as possible (for as long as possible) in your own home, please contact LifeStream Services, Inc. at 1-800-589-1121, and sign up. A service coordinator will meet with you, assess your needs, determine the services in which you qualify and (once you are approved) match you with whichever service provider you choose.
4. If you are interested in Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or any other types of such programs, please call the Social Security Office in Muncie, at: (765) 747- 5548.